My name is Jennifer Fischer, and I am the principal at St. Mary School and Preschool. I have two children, one who is a current student at St. Mary's and the other an alumnus of St. Mary's who is a current student at Central Catholic High School. I am a parishioner at St. Mary's Church and have been a St. Mary's School parent for many years. My husband, David, is a graduate of St. Mary's and is currently the Superintendent of Sandy Valley Local Schools.
From the Principal
Mrs. Jennifer Fischer, Principal
Welcome to St. Mary's School! St. Mary's is extremely proud of our 165 years of education tradition and academic excellence. We focus on providing the best possible education for your student while maintaining a focus on Christ.
With the support of parents, parish, and community, as a Roman Catholic school in the Diocese of Youngstown, we are dedicated to the spiritual, moral, and academic education of our students as we prepare them for a life of service to God and others.
1. We believe our school reflects the teachings of Jesus and our Catholic faith.
2. We believe the stronger the spiritual foundation, the stronger the school.
3. We believe service to others is a priority.
4. We believe each student is a valued creation of God with unique physical, social, emotional, intellectual, and spiritual needs.
5. We believe each student achieves more when challenged and encouraged to perform to the best of his/her abilities.
6. We believe it is important to keep current with new educational techniques and use a variety of instructional practices.
7. We believe parents are the primary educators and must be seen as partners in their child(ren)’s learning.
8. We believe our school community, parish, and local community are valued resources.
9. We believe students deserve a safe learning environment.
10. We believe in educating the whole student by providing co-curricular and extra-curricular opportunities.
We hope you find all the information you need here on the website, but if you have any questions, please feel free to call the office at (330) 832-9355.